Tuesday 12 July 2011

I am The Ellis Island of Odd

Bring me your weird, your wacky, your "why did they even make this?" I cannot resist things that are so bizarre people will not believe they exist unless I can show evidence. Sometimes it's a chance encounter in my random travels, sometimes they are gifts (I am not always sure if the gift-giver is aware how unlikely their gift's existence should be). I've decided to open a sort of digital museum of the lunacy I attract. Here is one of my most prized possessions, originally bought by my older brother as a gift for a 4 year old.....

Yes, you read that right, Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Kubla Khan - The Pop Up Edition!
With pop ups befitting the poem

Images sure to stay with one's inner child for a lifetime


The recipient of this gift did grow up to be a very talented artist. His concentration piece for his portfolio was an illustrated interpretation of Dante's Inferno.

No comments:

Total Pageviews