Sunday 12 April 2015

Singled Out or Why Sex and the City is a Lie

I am a woman of a certain age and I am single. I don't not have a cadre of gal pal single friends to spend my nights cocktailing and regaling with. I cannot, off the top of my head, think of any female friends not currently in a relationship.

When I was in a relationship I got invited to dinner parties, parties, weekend camping getaways, etc. I didn't always go, but it was nice to be nominated. As the lone single woman, I am lucky if I can squeeze coffee time out of friends. I have no idea why this happens. Why is it that people in couples only want to hang out with other couples? What is it about the single elephant in the room that makes them nervous? I wouldn't think of having a party and excluding my coupled friends. Maybe I should start....as soon as I make some single friends, that is.

Or is it just me? Tell me, single ladies out there, am I alone in this? Does this happen to you?

No comments:

Total Pageviews