Sunday 25 March 2012

Sticking it to the Man...err Men...conglomerate?

It's been a long time! First I moved. In a show of rare organization I arranged for my wireless internet to be hooked up at the new place the day of the move. He came, he saw, he couldn't. I was given forms, excuses and a number for re-booking. Two days later, a different "tech" and then his supervisor. More excuses, still no wireless. I was told to solicit permission from new neighbours, in order to let the cable company (yeah "cable company", you know who you are) access their property and told to phone back when I had done so. Have you ever had to sit at home waiting, in a four hour time block, for trades people to come to your home? Imagine if someone you did not know knocked on your door and asked for your schedule and requested you be home during said 4 hr time span to await the return of the cable company and you were not getting anything out of it. EXACTLY! Four months later, I had finally managed the impossible, I was home, neighbours were home, forms were signed and the tech had no idea how to hook up my cable (wireless, don't have TV cable, don't want it). He called a supervisor. Two men wandered around perplexed. Then the supervisor's supervisor showed up. Let's take a count here: 3 trades people, 3 supervisors, approx 3 hrs total. My estimation is that I cost the cable company at least $700-$800 over the course of 4 months just to get service.

I'm up and running now, just as bike racing season goes into full swing! What perfect timing ;)

Next week I promise to write about domestic bliss and other misadventures.....

No comments:

Total Pageviews